Sunday, February 22, 2009

Chilly Hilly, or the Fucking Hills Race

"The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew—and live through it."Doug Bradbury

So I ditched the 75 mile goal and got sucked up into doing the Fucking Hills Race with Andrew and Paul. I say "with", but really we all did it at our own pace, as Andrew busted it out in 1 hour and 46 minutes and I did it in around 4? with a 20 minute break around the 1/2 way point. So I did a total of 45 miles today with 33 of them being some serious hills, (see elevation profile below or Cascade's website. It was about equal to doing my hills route 5 times. I've only completed the hills route once, and I had to walk quite a bit. I did a bit of walking my bike on the super steep inclines on this too, but I felt REALLY good about what I did. It was a huge accomplishment for me. I learned a lot about my breathing and what stage of exhaustion it indicates for me. I am pretty exhausted. I was going to ride with Andrew back and forth to fit a stem to the mountain bike, but crapped out because I'm fading VERY fast. Kinda bummed I didn't get to bike geek with him some more, but it won't be the last time we get together :)


I'm happy with today's results, though. I've got about 1600 calories more to consume today with about 3-4 hours left in the day and I don't know if I'm going to make it. Eating more food at this point sounds icky. I'll post today's final tallies tomorrow morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment